Saturday, April 7, 2012

AdZilla


This blog is the logical continuation of a series that I had begun on my original blog, which I am sure you all are very enthusiastic followers of (yes, both of you).

The blog is dedicated to reviewing and analyzing Indian television ads.

Advertising is what I have always wanted to do as a profession. With films as my first love, I wanted to get behind the camera and tell a story that sells a product and drives a brand. Fascinating work. I want to let my creative juices flow free.

Now while I know that one should never talk about their juices flowing, the point is that I am now starting down that road. So this blog, a logical extension of the Adzilla series on my original blog, is an exercise for me in analyzing and hence understanding the power of ads better. Because ads don't merely sell products... they peddle dreams.

The humor of the Docomo ads. The inanity of Lux soap ads. The grandeur of Tata Safari ads. They fight amongst so many other sensory bombardments to grab our attention, perhaps only to make a buck... but then, why do some of them stay with us? Why do we keep talking about them, for good or bad?

Sometimes it's not about the product behind the ad... done well, an ad can have its own personality.

Disclaimer: This is mostly my opinions and amateurish analysis of ads. The idea is to become better, and practice makes perfect. Feel free to comment, constructive debates are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment